Property Tax Abatement

Property Tax Abatements

There are four types of property tax abatements available to county taxpayers:

Application Information

Abatement applications are due in the clerk's office by September 1 each year.

  • For the indigent abatements you must submit your total taxable and non-taxable income for your household for the prior year, be 65 or older, OR be a widow, widower, or disabled in some way.
  • For the circuit breaker abatement you must be 65 or older or be a widow or widower.