Visit the US Department of State's website to search for more information about applying for passports and to fill out forms online.

Adult Applicants

Applicants for a passport must sign the passport application in the presence of the county clerk or deputy clerk. Children between the ages of 14 and 17 are considered adults and must appear in person to sign the application. Applicants must bring with them to the clerk's office:

  • A certified copy of their birth certificate (has the state seal)
  • Two checks, one made out to US Department of State and one to the Beaver County Clerk (execution fee) for the amounts that pertain to your situation
  • One passport photo 2 inch x 2 inch Click Here to learn more!!!

U.S. Passport Applications for Children Under Age 16

Both parents or legal guardian must sign the application for children under sixteen (effective February 1, 2008). They must:

  • Present evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
  • Present evidence that they are the parents or guardian
  • Show valid personal identification
  • Sign and take an oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent

If the second parent is not available to sign, the appearing parent must do everything listed in the above paragraph and present evidence that he or she has sole legal custody of the child or written consent of the other parent for the issuance of the passport or a written statement explaining why the non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained.

If no parent is available to sign, the third-party in loco parentis must appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or the custodial parent authorizing the third-party to apply for a passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third-party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent.

Passport Pictures

We now offer Passport pictures in our office 105 E Center Beaver, Utah on the 2nd floor.  Monday - Friday 9 AM to 5 PM (closed at noon for lunch some days) They are $10 a set. They may also be taken at the Post Office in Cedar City or Richfield.  

You may also print them yourself, if you follow the guidelines.